GF309 infrared cameras from FLIR Infrared Cameras & Thermal Imaging
27th November 2009
FLIR GF309 infrared cameras have recently been released from FLIR Infrared Cameras & Thermal Imaging . GF309 infrared cameras have been specifically developed for high temperature industrial furnace applications and can "see through flames" in all types of gas-fired furnaces, chemical heaters and coal-fired boilers.
FLIR GF309 infrared cameras feature a detachable heat-shield that has been designed to provide increased protection for the operator and to reflect heat away from the camera.
The highly versatile IR cameras have a wide temperature span and deliver accurate electrical and mechanical inspections to a high standard.
FLIR GF309 infrared cameras provide temperature readings across the entire surface of the heater/boiler/furnace which helps to speed up inspections, therefore making work conditions safer and helping to avoid unscheduled shutdowns or emergencies.
FLIR GF309 infrared cameras get to work in the following applications:
• Inspects “Fired Tubes” for Coking and Scaling - custom-built to deliver a clear and precise thermal image of “fired tubes.”
• Sees Inside Boilers for Slag or Ash Build-up - Ideal for internal boiler inspection to detect areas of slag build-up (clinkers) that can hinder heat transfer and potentially cause mechanical damage if they fall.
• Checks Burner Alignment and Flame Impingement - GF309 infrared cameras can easily identify if the flame pattern is causing localised overheating of the tubes.
• External Fire Box Inspections - also performs well in relatively lower temperature applications, such as detecting hot spots on the outside of the firebox, showing where insulating blankets or refractory bricks are disrupted on the inside.
• Built-in Video Records Furnace Start-up, Decoking Operations - by storing radiometric sequences, GF309 infrared cameras enable the capture of full inspection of dynamic events.
• Tiltable, Flip-out 4.3” High Contrast Color LCD - the improved new colour flip-out LCD delivers a bright and vivid image in a widescreen format.
• High Resolution (800 x 480), Tiltable Viewfinder - use of a viewfinder is sometimes preferred, especially in extremely bright conditions that cause a glare on LCD panels.
• User-inspired Ergonomics: Rotating Handle, Direct Access Buttons - offers advanced ergonomics to improve worker safety and individual performance, not to mention reducing back and arm strain.
FLIR GF309 infrared cameras key features include:
• Compatible with FLIR QuickReport and FLIR Reporter software for professional inspection report
• Dual-use camera: Furnace and ambient temperatures
• Embedded GPS Data and Digital images allow you to identify precise locations of inspected area
• Excellent Thermal Sensitivity (<25 mK)
• High performance LCD and Tiltable high resolution viewfinder delivers a bright and vivid image in poor lighting environment or under sunlight
• Measures temperatures from -40 °C to +1500 °C with high accuracy
• User-inspired Ergonomics: Rotating Handle, Direct Access Buttons